WORLD NEWS

Twitter permanently bans CEO of my pillow USA base company

Mike Lindell, the popular known  American businessman, the founder and CEO of my pillow guy on Monday night was banned from twitter permanently for using his twitter account to spread misinformation about the 2020 election in US.

Michael James Lindell founded My pillow, a pillow manufacturing company in Chaska, Minnesota, United States in 2004 with only 5 employees and had over 1,500 as of 2017.

According to twitter reporter, Twitter made its decision based on a new civic integrity policy this January was established after the Capitol insurrection whereby people who repeatedly share election misinformation(“for the purpose of manipulating or interfering in the elections or other civic processes.”) can be permanently banned.

photo by Getty images

“The account you referenced has been permanently suspended due to repeated violations of our Civic Integrity Policy,” according to CNN. updating content that could pass false information or deceive people on the civic process would also be considered a violation, Twitter spokesperson said.

Bed Bath and Beyond quit selling MyPillow items after Lindell voiced proceeded with help for former President of America, Donald Trump in the wake of the January 6 uprising and voicing bogus statements publicly about the legitimacy of the election.

Mike Lindell called the attack “very peaceful” and blamed “undercover antifa that dressed as Trump people” for the chaos, according to American daily newspaper ‘The New York Times’, earlier this month said that Donald Trump will be the president for the next four years.

“You may not use Twitter’s services for the purpose of manipulating or interfering in elections or other civic processes,” Twitter said of its civic integrity policy in January. Civic processes include: political elections, censuses and major referendum and ballot initiatives.

Facebook, Twitter and other tech giants suspended Trump’s verified accounts earlier after a mob attacked the U.S. Capitol.

Twitter banned Donald Trump’s the @realDonaldTrump account earlier this month, stating “After close review of recent Tweets from the @realDonaldTrump account and the context around them we have permanently suspended the account due to the risk of further incitement of violence”.

“In the context of horrific events this week, we made it clear on Wednesday that additional violations of the Twitter Rules would potentially result in this very course of action.”

Twitter’s decision followed two tweets by Trump that violated the company’s policy against glorification of violence, Twitter said, and “these two Tweets must be read in the context of broader events in the country and the ways in which the President’s statements can be mobilized by different audiences, including to incite violence, as well as in the context of the pattern of behavior from this account in recent weeks.”

Following the mayhem in Washington, Twitter suspended more than 70,000 accounts that “engaged in sharing harmful Q Anon-associated content dedicated to the propagation of this conspiracy theory across this service.” according to NPR.

Facebook announced similar measures that it was removing content containing the phrase “stop the steal” from its Facebook and Instagram platforms.

 

Juliet Kapoor

A content creator, relationship adviser, a writer, life philosopher, beauty and organic skin care modeller etc.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button