Here’s an easy guide on how to check airtel data balance in 2024 via sms in Nigeria. If you want to instantly check your data subscription, then you don’t have to miss this information.
Airtel, being one of Nigeria’s leading telecom providers, offers various ways to keep track of your data usage. Importantly, checking your data balance is crucial to manage your data effectively and avoid unexpected charges. In this article, we’ll explore various methods such as USSD codes, SMS, and the Airtel app to how to check airtel data balance via sms, code and mobile airtel mobile app.
- 1 Method 1: Using USSD Codes
- 2 Method 2: How to Check Airtel Data Balance Via SMS
- 3 Using the Airtel App
- 4 Additional Methods and Codes
- 5 Interpreting Data Balance Details
- 6 FAQs on How to Check Airtel Data Balance in Nigeria
- 7 Key Takeaways on Airtel Data Balance Check
Method 1: Using USSD Codes
USSD (Unstructured Supplementary Service Data) codes are quick codes you dial on your phone to perform specific tasks. They are easy to use and provide instant results.
Step-by-Step Guide to Using USSD Codes
Firstly, to check your Airtel data balance using USSD, you can dial *323#. Additionally, *141# and *140# are also useful codes. Each of these codes provides you with an instant display of your data balance.
- Dial *323# for a quick data balance check.
- *141# and *140# are alternative USSD codes for more details.
- USSD codes are simple and provide instant results.
Furthermore, due to the new harmonised shortcode mandate by the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC), some old USSD codes might be discontinued, making it essential to stay updated with these new airtel data plan codes.
SEE ALSO: How to Share Data on MTN
Method 2: How to Check Airtel Data Balance Via SMS
Checking Data Balance Through SMS
Secondly, a straightforward method to check your Airtel data balance is by sending a specific text message.
Detailed Instructions for SMS Method
To check your balance, send “Balance” to 140, or for more specific data, send “STATUS” to 323. You’ll receive a reply with your data balance details.
- Text “Balance” to 140 for a general data balance.
- For detailed balance, send “STATUS” to 323.
- This method is convenient and works on all types of phones.
Using the Airtel App
The Convenience of the Airtel App
Thirdly, the Airtel app is a modern way to manage your account, including checking your data balance. It’s available for both Android and iOS devices.
How to Use the Airtel App
After downloading the app, log in with your Airtel number. Navigate to the data balance section to view your balance and other relevant details.
- The Airtel app is available on both Android and iOS.
- Easy to use for managing your data balance.
- Provides detailed account information.
Additional Methods and Codes
Exploring Alternative Methods and Codes
Moreover, Airtel provides other codes like 12310# and *223# for specific data plans and offers.
Specific Uses of Alternative Codes
These codes are particularly useful for checking balances of certain special offers or data plans not covered by the standard codes.
- 12310# and *223# are for specific data plans.
- Useful for checking special offer balances.
- Ensure you’re using the right code for your plan.
Interpreting Data Balance Details
Lastly, after checking your data balance, it’s important to understand the details provided. This information includes your remaining data and its expiry date.
- Pay attention to data amount and expiry date.
- Understanding your balance helps manage data usage.
- Keep track of data to avoid running out unexpectedly.
FAQs on How to Check Airtel Data Balance in Nigeria
Understanding how to check your Airtel data balance in Nigeria is crucial for managing your mobile data effectively. In this section, we will answer some of the most commonly asked questions, providing detailed answers to enhance your understanding and usage of Airtel’s services.
General Queries on Checking Data Balance
How Can I Check My Airtel Data Balance Using USSD Codes?
- Firstly, dial *140# or *323# from your Airtel number.
- A message will appear on your screen showing your current data balance.
- Remember, this method is quick and works on all types of mobile devices.
What Are the Steps to Check Data Balance via SMS?
- To check via SMS, simply send “Balance” to 140.
- Additionally, you can send “STATUS” to 323 for a detailed balance.
- You will receive an SMS with your data balance information.
Advanced Data Balance Queries
Can I Use the Airtel App to Check My Data Balance?
- Indeed, download the ‘My Airtel’ app from your app store.
- Log in with your Airtel number to view your data balance on the homepage.
- The app also provides detailed account information and other services.
Is Online Checking of Airtel Data Balance Possible in Nigeria?
- Currently, checking the data balance online directly is not available in Nigeria.
- However, you can recharge your data bundles online via the Airtel website.
Specific Data Plan Queries
How to Subscribe to Data Plans on Airtel?
- Dial *141# to subscribe to various data plans.
- You can also use the ‘My Airtel’ app or your bank’s app/website for this purpose.
- Moreover, keep an eye on special offers and promotions for data plans.
Checking Airtel Night Sub Balance
- For night subscription plans, dial *223#.
- Your airtel night plan sub balance will be displayed instantly.
Key Takeaways on Airtel Data Balance Check
- USSD codes like *140# and *323# are quick methods for balance check.
- SMS method is also convenient, especially when network issues affect USSD codes.
- The ‘My Airtel’ app offers a comprehensive way to manage your data.
- Night subscription balances can be checked using a specific USSD code.
If you wish to ask a question regarding how to check airtel data balance via sms in Nigeria, then you can leave a comment now.